The Great Adirondack Moose Festival
Get ready for an excellent adventure in the heart of the Adirondacks during the annual Great Adirondack Moose Festival! This just might be your chance to see the elusive and extraordinary moose!
The Great Adirondack Moose Festival, held yearly in September in Indian Lake, is two days of jam-packed special events, including a moose calling contest, old fashioned turkey shoot, and kid-friendly activities such as the ever-popular "Count the Moose Scat" contest!
We look forward to returning September 24 - 25, 2022!
Check out events we've enjoyed in past festivals:
- Moose Calling Contest
- Moose Lab 101
- Whitewater Rafting
- Guided Trail Hikes
- Indian Lake Museum Open House
- Photos with Monty the Moose
- Antique & Classic Car Show
- Turkey Trap Shoot
- Moose River Plains Self-guided Driving Tour (Handy dandy map)
- Festival Helicopter Flights
- Crafters and Vendors Under the Big Moose Tent
- Bruce the Moose and Smokey Bear
- Count the Moose Scat Contest
- Mooseterpiece Children's Games and Activities
Explore the complete program!
You moose come to visit us
Discover the wild majesty of one of the most elusive animals of the northern forests and celebrate the return of moose to the Adirondacks! Participate in a moose calling contest, or enjoy a guided excursion into their habitat for the chance to see one in the wild.
Follow the Great Adirondack Moose Festival on Facebook and enjoy visitor photos of moose spotted in the Adirondacks.
If you are looking to register as a vendor, please see this form.
The Great Adirondack Moose Festival is sponsored by the Indian Lake Chamber of Commerce.